How Can You Open a Bank Account in Turkey?
Turkey is one of the most preferred countries by foreigners for real estate investment. The real estate sector, which has experienced great development in the last 10 years, continues to develop rapidly with each passing day. Compared to European countries and America, Turkey offers more affordable, modern, and quality apartments to investors. Foreign investors are required to make certain transactions to purchase real estate in Turkey. For foreign investors to buy real estate in Turkey, they must obtain a tax number and open a bank account in Turkey. Opening a bank account in Turkey is the first step in the real estate investment process in Turkey. With reliable and professional help, this process can be easily completed. The reliable and experienced team of Diyar Turk Real Estate is always ready to help in the process of opening a bank in Turkey, as it is at every stage.
Opening a Bank Account by Foreigners in Turkey
The biggest problem that foreigners face while opening a bank account in Turkey is the language problem. You can easily exceed this problem thanks to our professional team. If you want to open a bank account in Turkey before coming to Turkey, it is sufficient to give a power of attorney to our real estate consultants and tell them the type of account you want.
When opening a bank account in Turkey, if the documents are complete, opening the account is a process that will only take a few hours. You can easily open an account in any bank in Turkey and start using your bank account for all transactions such as automatic payments and shopping. In addition, you can easily manage your account and perform all your banking transactions while you are abroad by making use of Turkey's advanced mobile banking system. After your bank account is opened, you can carry out all your money transactions without having to carry cash with you, via mobile banking, or with the debit card given to you.
Advantages of Opening a Bank Account in Turkey for Foreigners
- Opportunity to carry out all your money transactions via mobile banking or debit card without carrying cash.
- Opportunity to deposit money in the bank and use it with deposit interest
- Possibility of automatic payment for bills such as electricity, water, natural gas, internet, telephone
- Extra earnings offered by banks to users when shopping in Turkish Lira
- Foreigners can easily transfer money from their own country to a bank in Turkey.
Documents Required to Open a Bank Account in Turkey
Foreigners living in Turkey, who want to live or who want to buy real estate, need to open a bank account in Turkey. Documents and information required for foreigners to open a bank account may vary from bank to bank. Generally, the generally accepted documents required from all banks are as follows:
- Passport of the person who wants to open a bank account
- Document proving residence address (Electricity, water, or natural gas bills paid in the last 3 months)
- Tax number (if the applicant has a residence permit, she/he can also use the foreigner's identity number)
- Mobile phone number
Some banks in Turkey only open accounts to foreigners who have a residence permit in Turkey and live permanently in Turkey.
Diyar Turk Real Estate will be with you in your bank account opening process, as in all other processes. If you are considering investing in Turkey, Diyar Turk Real Estate is always ready to help you with its professional and experienced team. The services we offer to our clients as Diyar Turk Real Estate are:
- We listen to our clients and offer the most suitable real estate in line with their wishes with the best price guarantee.
- We pick up our clients from their hotels and organize a real estate tour and enable them to see the real estates they are interested in.
- We help with transactions such as getting a tax number and opening a bank account.
- We propose a reliable lawyer to support your legal process in Turkey.
- We help you with your title deed transfer and real estate valuation report.
- We help you make subscriptions such as electricity, water, natural gas, and the Internet required for your flat usage.
- We help you with your compulsory real estate insurance transactions.
- We advise on the interior furniture design and furniture purchasing process of your home.
- When you want to resell or rent your purchased real estate, we put it up for sale or rent it for you.
Please do not hesitate to ask any questions you may have. You can contact us via our website or firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail address.