The Process of Controlled Normalization in Turkey is Beginning Today
The measures and restrictions taken within the scope of coronavirus measures are being relaxed as of today. Restrictions will be removed gradually, depending on the risk level determined by the province. The measures are relaxed in a controlled manner in provinces divided into 4 risk groups as low, medium, high, and very high.
Weekend Restrictions Ended in Low and Medium Risk Provinces
The process of controlled normalization in Turkey began with held that the decisions taken at a cabinet meeting by Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan on 01 March 2021. Following the statements made by President Erdoğan after the meeting, a circular was issued by the Ministry of Interior. In the circular, it was stated which provinces are in which risk group and which decisions will be implemented.
New normalization plans were prepared according to the provinces evaluated in 4 categories as low, medium, high, and very high.
In the process of normalization, the curfew restrictions will continue to implement between 21:00 and 05:00 hours all weekdays in Turkey.
The curfew imposed on the weekend was arranged according to risk groups. The weekend restriction was completely removed in provinces in the low and medium-risk groups. The curfew continues on Sunday in provinces in high and very high-risk groups.
In provinces in the low and medium risk groups, the curfew restrictions applied to those over 65 and under the age of 20 have been removed. It continues in the provinces in the high and very high-risk groups.
Food and beverage venues such as cafes, restaurants, patisseries, and cafés will be able to operate with 50% capacity between 07:00 and 19:00 in provinces in low, medium, and high-risk groups. In addition, the HES code of the customers will be checked at the entrance to these venues. In provinces with very high risks, food and beverage venues will continue to serve only take-away service.
Meetings such as weddings and engagements were limited to 100 people in provinces in low and medium-risk groups. It was limited to 50 people in provinces in high and very high-risk groups. In addition, a maximum time limit of 1 hour was imposed on these events.
As of today, face-to-face education begins in schools. Face-to-face education in pre-school and primary school will start all over Turkey. In high schools, face-to-face education begins in provinces in the low and medium risk group and continues with distance education in provinces with high and very high-risk groups.
How Will Be Normalization in Istanbul?
Istanbul, which is the most populous province of Turkey, is located in the high-risk category of provincial risk maps. According to this category, steps of normalization in Istanbul will be taken as follows:
- Weekend restrictions were relaxed in Istanbul. No restrictions on Saturday, but it continues on Sunday.
- The restrictions applied on weekdays between 21:00 and 05:00 hours, as well as all over Turkey continue in Istanbul.
- The face-to-face education begins in all preschool education institutions, primary schools, and 8th and 12th grades in Istanbul. Distance education will continue in high schools, only exams will be held face to face.
- The venues such as restaurants, cafes, patisseries, and tea gardens will be opened between 07.00 and 19.00 with 50% capacity (except Sunday). HES codes of the customers will be checked at the entrance to these venues.
- The restrictions on the citizens over 65 and under the age of 20 continue.
- Ceremonies such as wedding and engagement ceremonies can be held with a limit of 50 people and not exceeding 1 hour.
President Erdoğan, who invited the public to be cautious in order to ensure permanent success in the fight against the Covid-19 pandemic, once again reminded the rules of masks, distance, and cleanliness. Vaccination of the first group targeted within the scope of the Covid-19 vaccine program has been completed. Turkey is among the top 5 countries in the world with the number of vaccinations reaching 9 million.