Foreigners must have the following conditions to apply for Short Term Residence Permit;
- To submit information and documents following the purpose of stay in Turkey
- Not being in a position to impede the application (invalid passport, late application, etc.)
- Having accommodation conditions following general health and safety standards
- If requested, a document showing a criminal record issued by the competent authorities of the country of nationality
- Address information to be resident in Turkey
Documents required for Short Term Residence Permit must be completed in full by foreigners and must be delivered completely by making sworn translation and notary approval. The Required documents are:
- Residence Permit application form.
- Passport, identity information, and processed pages' original and photocopy (A passport with a validity of 60 days longer than the residence permit request is requested)
- Birth certificate for all the family members, should be original and attested by The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Turkish embassy.
- 4 biometric photos (passport photo size)
- Statement that has sufficient and regular financial means during stay (A minimum of 10,200 TL for a 1-year application, a minimum of 20,400 TL for a 2-year application, or a letter written by a bank indicating that there is an equivalent amount of foreign currency)
- Fully comprehensive health insurance or evidence of your social security in your country that is available in Turkey.
- Marriage certificate, it should be original and attested by The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Turkish embassy.
- Insurance period must cover the period of residence permit required.
- Originals and photocopies of land registry, TCIP, or rental contracts.
- Turkish tax number to pay fees in the tax office (You can visit www.goc.gov.tr for current fees)
- Place of residence taken from the civil registry to specify the current address of residence in Turkey.
- A file with a cover to hold all documents together.
Foreigners who do not have a residence permit in Turkey.
- cannot buy any motor vehicle
- personal belongings, furniture, cars, etc. cannot import,
- cannot register at the social security institution
- cannot open a bank account
- cannot establish a company