1. Short-Term Residence Permit
According to Articles 31 to 33 of Law No. 6458 on Foreigners and International Protection, the short-term residence permit can be issued for a maximum of two years at a time and can be issued no more than twice.
Foreigners who can apply for Short Term Residence Permit;
- Foreigners who have a property in Turkey
Foreigners, who own real estate in Turkey, can apply for the residence permit, the real estate must be a residential property and must be used for this purpose. Also, the owner of the property can apply for a residence permit with his family. Foreigners, who are living in Turkey for 5 years with this type of residence permit, is obtaining the right to apply for Turkish citizenship after 5 years.
- Foreigners who come to Turkey for purposes of scientific research
- Foreigners who will establish commercial connections or business.
- Foreigners who will participate in the in-service training program.
- Foreigners who are coming for educational or similar purposes in the framework of student exchange programs agreement with the Republic of Turkey.
- Foreigners staying for tourism purposes.
- Foreigners who will be treated on the condition that they do not carry one of the diseases considered a threat to public health.
- Foreigners, should remain in Turkey depending on the demands and decisions of the judicial and administrative authorities.
- Foreigners who will attend Turkish learning courses.
- Foreigners who participate in internships and courses in Turkey through training, research, and public institutions.
- Foreigners completed their higher education in Turkey who apply within six months from the date of graduation.
- Foreigners who not working in Turkey but will invest in scope and amount to be determined through the Council of Ministers.
- Foreigners who are citizens of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus.
2. Family Residence Permit
According to articles 34-37 of Law No. 6458 on Foreigners and International Protection, the family residence permit was regulated.
The family residence permit can be regulated for a foreign spouse, a minor, and a dependent child. In cases where the person requesting family residence permit has more than one spouse, only one can be issued, but all children of the foreigner may be granted a family residence permit. Children can study until the age of 18 in primary and secondary education institutions with the family residence permit without the need for a student residence permit.
The family residence permit is regulated each time not to exceed 3 years.
3. Student Residence Permit
According to Articles 38 to 41 of Law No. 6458 on Foreigners and International Protection, the student residence permit was regulated.
A student residence permit can be arranged for foreigners who will have primary and secondary education without a family residence permit and who will study at the level of the associate degree, undergraduate, postgraduate, doctorate, medical specialty training, and specialty training in dentistry.
Foreigners, who study in our country with a student residence permit, can apply for a family residence permit for their spouse and children. If the education period of the foreign student is less than one year, the residence permit period cannot exceed the education period.
4. Long-Term Residence Permit
According to Articles 42 to 45 of Law No. 6458 on Foreigners and International Protection, the long-term residence permit was regulated.
Foreigners, who remained in Turkey with a residence permit without interruption for at least 8 years, have not received any aid from the government last 3 years, will maintain a livelihood sufficient for months with income, and have valid health insurance, society, and poses no threat to public safety, can apply for a long term residence permit. Also, refugees, conditional refugees, secondary protection holders, humanitarian residence holders, and foreigners who are provided with temporary protection are entitled to transition to long-term residence permits.
Foreigners who have a long-term residence permit can benefit from all the rights granted to Turkish citizens except for the obligation to do military service, the right to choose and be elected, to enter public office, to import vehicles exempted, and social security rights excluding regulations in the private law.
5. Humanitarian Residence Permit
According to Articles 46 to 47 of Law No. 6458 on Foreigners and International Protection, humanitarian residence permit was regulated. According to these items, the right to apply for foreigners who violations of human rights, flee civil war, and suffer from various human situations has been granted. The humanitarian residence permit can be regulated and extended for a maximum of one year. In a humanitarian residence permit, the conditions sought in other types of leave are not sought.
6. Residence permit for Victims of Human Trafficking
According to Articles 46 to 47 of Law No. 6458 on Foreigners and International Protection, residence permit for victims of human trafficking was regulated. According to these items, Foreigners who are victims of human trafficking or who have a strong suspicion that they may be, are given the right to apply for foreigners. These residence permits can be regulated by the governorships for thirty days, can be extended for a maximum of six months, and cannot exceed three years in total. In residence permits for victims of human trafficking, the conditions sought in other types of leave are not sought.