Obtaining a Turkish passport by investing
Turkey, with a population of 84 million, is a country that many foreigners dream of for life. Turkey, with its rich culture, magnificent nature, and climate, attracts the attention of thousands of foreign investors with the unlimited business opportunities and trade volume it offers. Turkey, located on one of the most important strategic points in the world, is one of the countries whose citizenship is applied for most, with thousands of foreign real estate purchases every year.
How can I get Turkish passport by investing?
One of the easiest ways to obtain Turkish citizenship with the family is to invest in real estate in Turkey. The Turkish Government has provided the opportunity to acquire Turkish citizenship with their families (spouse and children under the age of 18) to foreigners who purchase real estate for 250,000 USD or more. There is no obligation to live in Turkey for Turkish citizenship through real estate. If the purchased real estate is ready, it can be rented and income can be obtained, or if it is in the construction phase (not earlier than 3 years), it can be resold with a high profit when it is completed. Real estate purchased with Turkish citizenship through real estate cannot be sold in any way for a period of 3 years.
Turkey, which has hosted many civilizations for centuries, attracts great attention from foreigners due to its colorful cultural life and the peaceful coexistence of various nations. There are a number of advantages waiting for foreigners who are Turkish citizens in Turkey. One of the most important of these is for obtaining Turkish passport by investing. Let's take a quick look at the advantages:
- Having a Turkish passport,
- Being a Turkish citizen with family members,
- Working without the need for a work permit and being a student without the need for a student visa,
- Opportunity to enroll in a state-supported social security institution and retire in Turkey,
- Opportunity to benefit from free health services in Turkey, which has one of the most developed health systems in the world.
Perhaps one of the most advantageous aspects of having Turkish citizenship is also having a Turkish passport. The Turkish passport was selected as the 57th strongest passport among 199 passports in 2021. With a Turkish passport, you can easily travel to 110 countries without a visa, visa at the door, or online visa application. Apart from all these, visas can be obtained easily to countries with visa applications.
Countries that can travel without a visa with a Turkish passport: Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Albania, Azerbaijan, Barbaros, Belarus-Belarus, Belize, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Cook Islands, Dominica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Indonesia, Eswatini, Morocco, Fiji, Philippines, Palestine, Guatemala, South Korea, Georgia, Honduras, Hong Kong, Iran, Jamaica, Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, Montenegro, Qatar, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Colombia, Kosovo, Costa Rica, Lebanon, Macau, Republic of Macedonia, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mongolia, Moldova, Nicaragua, Niue, Uzbekistan, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Kitts and Nevis Islands, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Seychelles, Serbia, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Syria, Chile, Thailand, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Tuvalu, Turcs & Caicos, Ukraine, Uruguay, Jordan, Vanuatu, Venezuela
Countries that can travel with a Turkish passport with visa application at the door: Bahamas, Cape Verde, East Timor, Dominican Republic, Armenia, Gabon, Republic of South Africa, Haiti, Iraq, Cambodia, the Federated Islamic Republic of Comoros, Kuwait, Laos, Madagascar, Maldives, Mozambique, Nepal, Palau, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Taiwan, Togo, Tonga, Uganda, Oman, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Countries that can travel with a Turkish passport with an online visa application: Bahrain, United Arab Emirates, Chibuti, Ethiopia, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Mexico, Myanmar, Pakistan, Rwanda, Russia
Frequently asked questions about Turkish passport
- How to make a Turkish passport appointment and where to apply for a passport?
Applications for Turkish passports can be made via the https://randevu.nvi.gov.tr website or 199 Call Center. It is made to the provincial and district population directorates in the country and the foreign representative offices abroad.
- How many types of Turkish passports are there?
There are 6 types of Turkish passports. These;
- Regular passport (Bordeaux passport): It is the type of passport that one can apply for and get immediately after taking out the identity card from every Turkish citizen and foreigner of Turkish nationality.
- Special passport (Green passport): It is a special passport given to high-level officials of the Government of the Republic of Turkey.
- Service passport (Gray passport): It is a type of passport that is given to government employees and journalists who will work abroad and provides visa-free entry to many countries.
- Diplomatic passport (Black passport): It is a type of passport that is given to ambassadors, diplomats, and statesmen (during their administration) and provides visa-free entry to many countries.
- Temporary passport (Pink passport): It is the type of passport that Turkish citizens abroad can obtain from Turkish representations. Temporary (pink) passport; It is given for 1 month in cases such as loss of passport, expiration of the passport, and deportation.
- Passports pertain to foreigners (Navy blue passport): It is the passport given to people who are not subject to any nationality or who are deemed obligatory by the Ministry of Interior in terms of residence and travel due to the irregularity of their nationality.
- What are the documents required for a Regular Passport?
- T.C. identity card, identity card, or temporary identity document
- One biometric photograph was taken in the last six months
- Deed of consent for disability or minor persons
- Student Certificate for fee-free passport applications
- Payment of the passport book and fee before the application (Payment information is displayed on the system, so no separate receipt is requested)
- If a passport has been obtained before, the old passport
- What is the maximum number of passports a person can buy?
A person can obtain a maximum of two valid passports.
- Who can have a Fee-Free Regular Passport?
- Students under the age of 25 who continue to be active students,
- Students who will go to foreign countries for education,
- Flight crew personnel,
- Persons who want to pursue master's and doctorate education for a cultural, commercial, or social benefit and go abroad subject to the permission of the Ministry of National Education,
- Persons who go abroad with the permission of the Rectorate, Dean's Office, Vocational School Directorate for sports, travel, cultural, commercial, and social benefits
- What are the passport book and fees for 2021?
The specified passport fees and book prices are the prices determined by the Ministry of Treasury and Finance for the year 2021. Passport fees and book fees are updated every year.
- Where are the passport book and fees paid?
Passport book and fees can be paid via the https://ivd.gib.gov.tr website of contracted banks, PTT branches, tax office directorates, or Revenue Administration. Since payment transactions can be viewed through the application system, no additional receipts or receipts are required.
- If the application is abandoned after paying the passport fee and book fee, can the deposited money be refunded?
Yes, if no application is made, the passport fee and book fee can be refunded from the tax office directorates.
- How should the photograph be used in the passport application?
The photograph to be used in the passport application must have been taken in the last six months, with the face completely visible from the front. Photographs in the size of 50mmx60mm, in which facial biometrics can be detected, are accepted. Photocopied, computer-reproduced or non-biometric photographs are not accepted. Biometric photographs are required for all age groups in passport applications.
- Is it possible to apply for a passport on behalf of another person with a power of attorney?
Applications must be made in person, as biometric data is obtained (fingerprint) in the passport application. The biometric data of every applicant who has completed the age of seven and the biometric data and signature of those who have completed the age of twelve are taken.
- What do consent, and deed of consent mean?
Consent: It is the permission given to legal representatives in passport applications by individuals who have not completed the age of 18 and have disabilities (conditions such as old age, disability, mental illness, etc.).
Deed of consent: It is a document that is issued by notaries and foreign representative offices by their legal representatives to obtain passports for individuals under the age of 18 and with disabilities.
- Is there a need to issue a new deed of consent for each passport application for children?
Yes, a new deed of consent is required for each application. In cases of divorce, the consent of the person to whom the custody of the child is given by a court decision is sufficient.
- Under which conditions are deeds of consent and student certificates issued by foreign representatives accepted? Where can I get a student certificate?
Deeds of consent and power of attorney issued by foreign representatives and approved student documents are accepted if they are sent to the e-mail or fax of the application center or submitted by the applicants. The student certificate can be obtained from https://www.turkiye.gov.tr/ or from the institutions of education.
- Can those who suspend their education take advantage of their student rights and obtain a passport-free of charge?
Persons who have frozen their education cannot benefit from student rights in their passport applications.
- Under which conditions can people interested in the export business get a special stamped passport?
Exporters can apply for a special stamped passport with the request form approved by the Regional Directorates of the Ministry of Commerce. At the same time, these persons are required to meet the conditions specified in the Decision on Issuing Special Stamped Passports to Exporters numbered 2017/9962. In accordance with this decision, the spouses and children of individuals who have a special stamped passport are not given special stamped passports. Children, who are not married and unemployed, and who are in need of care due to at least one of the physical, mental or spiritual disabilities, documented by a health certificate issued by official health institutions, can benefit from their parents' rights and obtain a special stamped passport without the requiring requirement.
- Where can I get a special stamped passport request form, how long is it valid, and for how long are special stamped passports issued?
The special stamped passport request form can be obtained from the website https://randevu.nvi.gov.tr. The special stamped passport request form is valid for 60 days from the date it is filled. Special stamped (green) passports are issued for a maximum of 5 years, not less than 6 months, within the framework of the procedures and principles specified in the law.
- When the regular passport is renewed, are the periods in the current passport transferred to the new passport?
Yes, in case of renewal of the regular passport, which is still valid, the remaining time is transferred to the regular passport to be issued.
- Can the validity of the passport be extended?
No, there is no such thing as an extension of time for passports, a new passport is issued for each application.
- After how many days are the passports delivered after the application?
Passports are delivered to the address specified by PTT Cargo within 1-4 working days on average after the application, or to the person other than herself determined during the application. Passports of people who are not at the address during delivery by PTT cargo are kept at the PTT branch for 10 days. Passports that are not received within this period are delivered to the application center specified during the application.
- Where are the passport application and delivery process followed?
The passport application process can be followed on the official website of the General Directorate of Population and Citizenship Affairs, e-Government Gateway, or 199 Call Center.
- What to do if the passport is lost?
In case the passport is lost, it is necessary to apply to the provincial or district population directorates in the country or to the foreign representative offices abroad, and the necessary update process should be done. In the case of finding a lost passport, the necessary updates should be made by applying to the provincial or district population directorates in the country or to the foreign representative offices abroad.
- Should the passport be updated if there is a change in the identity information after the passport is received?
Yes, the passport needs to be renewed in case of a change in identity information.
- What to do if a lost passport belonging to someone else is found?
When a lost passport belonging to someone else is found, it must be delivered to the provincial or district population directorates in the country or to the foreign representative offices abroad.
- Are the pages with visa/residence permit in the old passport canceled in the passport application?
The old passports, which are presented during the passport application, are delivered to the relevant person without canceling the pages with a visa or residence permit.
- Can children be registered in the parents' passport?
No, there is no accompanying house in passports and a separate passport is issued for each individual.
Diyar Turk Real Estate is offering you the best services which are saving your time and money during your journey to find the suitable property for you and your family
- Real Estate marketing
- Real Estate consulting
- Turkish citizenship programs through real estate investment
- Real Estate tours
- Real Estate management
- Buying and selling the properties
- After-sales services
Don’t hesitate to contact us through our social media platforms… our real estate agents are waiting for you
Diyar Turk Real Estate team
Related articles :
Apartments for Sale in Turkey 2020-2021
Obtaining a Turkish passport by investing
The best real estate offers in Istanbul 2021-2022
Turkish citizenship by buying apartments 2021-2022
Advantages of buying property in Turkey
Apartment for sale in Istanbul 2020-2021
Double your profits by investing in real estate in Turkey 2021-2022
buying a property in installments in Istanbul
Turkish citizenship by investment
Most attractive areas to buy real estate in Istanbul 2021
Get residence in Turkey by buying a property
Real estate prices in Turkey 2021-2022
Villas in Istanbul 2020-2021
How to obtain Turkish citizenship online
Real estate prices in Istanbul 2021
#real_estates_istanbul #apartments_for_sale #invest_in_turkey #real_estates #residence_in_turkey #Diyar_turk #turkish_citizenship #real_estate_turkey